To be successful as an RFP Specialist, you should demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, knowledge of CRM software, the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, superior customer service skills, exemplary attention to detail, strong business acumen, and adept problem-solving skills. Must have the ability to coordinate with the client throughout the RFP processes to ensure that all the RFP requirements, milestones, and timelines are met. The RFP Specialist will foster favorable relationships with existing clients, both internal and external, prepare new quotes, meet with in-house project teams, sales team, and other cross functional departments as necessary. The RFP Specialist will focus on improving our RFP win rate by producing high level proposals that adhere to and exceed the stated requirements. Core responsibilities include generating incremental sales opportunities through an enhanced RFP and proposal response process to improve the win rate, coordinating with members of the sales team to ensure that proposals are presented effectively in a timely manner, and supporting business and proposal development process improvements.
- Research and identify potential clients or customers for the company’s products or services.
- Draft, develop, and finalize RFP responses to solicitations from clients and customers.
- Work with different departments within the company to identify the appropriate subject matter experts and coordinate their contributions to the RFP response.
- Conduct a thorough review and analysis of client RFPs and documentation to identify their requirements and scope of work.
- Serve as the point of contact for any questions or clarification requests related to the RFP from the client or customer.
- Ensure that the RFP submission is complete, detailed, accurate, and meets all formatting and submission requirements of the client.
- Ensure RFPs are submitted on time and comply with all requirements and milestones.
- Develop and maintain a library of standard proposal responses for future reuse.
- Coordinate the delivery of completed proposals to appropriate parties.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, site visits, demos, and other client engagements, as needed.
- Participate in post-bid analysis and assessments to identify areas for improvement in the proposal process.
- Knowledge of sales metrics
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Leverage experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to multitask, challenge the status quo, and think outside the box
- Creative, self-motivated, inclined to act with urgency
- Extremely detail oriented
- Knowledge of HubSpot or similar CRM software and MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem-solve and manage ambiguity
- Experience with software sales and RFP processes
- Knowledge of principles with software as a service a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or similar degree, preferred
- 5+ years of experience in developing and submitting RFP project proposals
- Grant Management experience at the government level would be an added plus but not a requirement
- Remote/Hybrid work option: After 90 days of employment, for qualified employees: 3 Days in Office/ 2 Days at Home
- Paid Time Off
- 401K + employer match
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accident/Critical Illness Coverage
- Identity Theft Coverage
- Salary + Bonus Incentive
Notices to Applicants:
Agate Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a participant in the E-Verify Program
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov)
Polygraph Protection Act employee rights (dol.gov)
Work Remotely: Onsite/Hybrid
Work Location: Okemos, MI
Job Type: Full-time
SEND YOUR RESUME